Sunday, January 31, 2010
1956: Spring Lake Park Dedication
Spring Lake Park was dedicated on October 6, 1956. U.S. Senator Clifford P. Case was the principal speaker. One of the highlights of the day was a parade through Broad Street Park. Taking part in the parade was Legion Post 93 Junior Band, Color Guard of Post 31, Mercer Voiture 235, 40 and 8, and its locomotive, the uniformed unit of Post 93, Rusling Hose Company, White Horse Fire Company, Busy Beaver Blue Birds, Sunshine Blue Birds and Camp Fire Girls. The Star Spangled Banner was sung by Sonia Hatrak accompanied by Ruth Cunningham. The invocation was given by Rev. Frederick Mills, pastor of Broad Street Park Methodist Church. The benediction was given by Rev. Thomas E. Carney, pastor of Holy Angels Church. Music was provided by the Stanley Ryba Band and by the Dellaira Trio.