Sunday, August 23, 2009
1921: New Firehouse Dedicated
On February 17, 1921, a public open house was held as part of the dedication of Rusling Hose Company's new firehouse at South Broad and Rennie Streets. A dance was held that evening. On February 28, the Company trustees were ordered to remove the bell from the Schiller Avenue firehouse and place it on the new firehouse.