Saturday, December 19, 2015
BSP Area, 1875
HAMILTON TOWNSHIP PUBLIC LIBRARY LOCAL HISTORY COLLECTION
This historic image shows the land owners in the Lalor and South Broad Street area in the last quarter of the nineteenth century. Isaac DeCou would sell his farm consisting of approximately 225 acres to the Broad Street Land Association in 1889. Note that Spring Lake had yet to be created below the expertly depicted bluff. DeCou's farm would later be developed as Broad Street Park, the location of Spring Lake Park and White City Park. The railroad line was traveled by many Trenton residents to Spring Lake Park until trolley service was established in 1893.