Saturday, September 27, 2014
1889: Deutzville Lots
Trenton Evening Times, Sunday, April 4, 1889
Frank E. Arend, owner of a large number of lots in Deutzville, along with his uncle, Adam C. Deutz, established the Deutzville Jewelry Works in 1860. The references in the ad such as "parks and lakes border on malaria-breeding marsh" and "Instead of overlooking a marsh" obviously was an attempt by the Union Land Association to discourage prospective homeowners from purchasing a lot from the Broad Street Land Association in Broad Street Park.