Saturday, August 27, 2011
1939: Hamilton High/Pitman Farm
Although this photo isn't of the best quality, it does depict two important areas in the history of Broad Street Park. Hamilton High. lower left, which opened in 1930, occupied land which was once a part of the Pitman Farm. The horse racing oval of Earl Pitman is seen in the upper portion of the photo. The Pitman Farm encompassed many acres and originally extended to South Broad Street.