Saturday, October 24, 2015

White Hill Mansion




          Robert Field purchased White Hill and built a one and a half story home on the land in 1723.  Robert Field II inherited White Hill in 1752 and expanded the one and a half story house into a grand mansion.  He married Mary Peel in 1765 and died mysteriously in 1775. Mary managed the property and maintained her neutrality during the Revolutionary War.  Hessian Captain Wreden made Mary's home his headquarters during the occupation of Bordentown.  Colonel von Donop, the Hessian commander, would visit for tea.    

No comments:

Post a Comment